A simple guide to becoming an expert in changing babies requires a bit of practice, but until you get it, you need to know the theory first. We’ll teach you step by step how to wash your buttocks, apply the cream, put the nappy in a clean place and seal it tightly so you won’t be surprised if you escape. Guiainfantil.com has created a simple guide to become an expert in changing nappies for your baby. During this training you will probably be confronted with accidental splashes or misplaced diapers, which you will overcome quickly, because there are many opportunities to do this, especially in the first few weeks.
What do you need to change a nappy for a baby
Replace or define where you are going with.
Take it. The ideal option is a large changing table so that the back does not bend when changing baby’s nappies, it is practical and comfortable. It is important to remember that you should never leave your child alone, because he or she may fall. If you’re not at home, always put your baby on a waterproof, foldable changing mat on a hard, secure surface so you don’t spoil him more than necessary. If you decide to replace a nappy with a cradle diaper, be just as careful, but you will get tired faster at cradle height.
Clean diapers, wet wipes and protective cream. Put the nappy, wipes and protective cream on your hand so you don’t have to move around and everything is at hand.
8 nappy changing steps per child
- Gently place your child on the back of the changing mat or on a safe, stable and comfortable surface.
- Pull it off the hip. Remove the adhesive strips from the dirty nappy, open them, lift the baby’s legs and close them by pressing the front of the nappy against the back. If there is bowel movement, use the front of the nappy to remove it from the skin, always in front of and behind the nappy. Place baby’s buttocks outside in front of the nappy.
- Lift the child’s feet and wipe the skin off the buttocks with a damp cloth. If it is a girl, it is always front and back, from the vagina to the anus, to prevent possible infections. If your baby is a baby, clean the penis like a wrinkle and the rest of the nappy without trying to force the separation between the head and foreskin, which can always happen.
- Thoroughly dry the area with a towel or dry cloth, especially the skin folds.
- Apply a protective cream to isolate the skin around the anus and in the perineum from moisture. Make sure you stretch it and don’t use too much of it.
- Lift your baby’s legs, close the dirty diaper from behind with tape and remove it.
- Open a clean diaper and place it under the baby’s buttocks. Open the front part and lay it forward so that it covers the genitals. If your child is a boy, make sure his tail is pointing down so that the nappy can hold its urine.
- Once the front part is at the same height as the back part, around the baby’s waist, you can attach it to both sides of the back part of the nappy with adhesive tape. You must adjust it sufficiently without compressing or weakening it to allow leaks to occur.
You will experience many of these hygienic moments throughout the day. In the beginning, when it comes to newborns, it takes time, because everything has to be done very carefully. After that, changing nappies takes less time, but the most important thing is that you know how to use this grooming routine as a special moment to share love, sweet words, massages and games with your baby.
diaper changing steps daycare,diaper changing tips for baby boy
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.